About Eastern Palliative Care
Eastern Palliative Care Association Incorporated (EPC) is the specialist community based palliative care service for the Eastern Region of Melbourne. Our services are provided in the local government areas of Boroondara, Manningham, Maroondah, Whitehorse, Monash, Knox and Yarra Ranges.
We support people with a terminal / life limiting illness who have complex symptoms whether they be physical, psychosocial, emotional or spiritual. EPC is fully accredited through The Australian Council on Health Care Standards (ACHS) ensuring quality, safety and performance at all levels of service delivery.
Eastern Palliative Care is a partnership between the Order of Malta, Outer East Palliative Care Service Inc. and St Vincent’s Hospital (Melbourne) Ltd.
EPC recognises that a person with a terminal / life–limiting illness may choose:
- To be cared for in the comfort of their own home
- To live as normally as possible
- To receive assistance from specialist palliative care nurses to manage symptoms
- To be in the continuing care of their own doctor
- To have the support of their family or caregivers
- To be supported through the decisions and personal adjustments which inevitably accompany serious illness (emotional, social, financial, psychological & spiritual)